A list of 10 more of the best love quotes from books.
It’s spring and your relationship with this new girl is in the sweet talk phase and you are in need of some of the best love quotes guaranteed to have her buttered and complimented by the end of the day. You’ve come to the right place because here they are. They are not in any particular order of sappy-ness, unfortunately.
1. “There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.”
— Sarah Dessen (The Truth about Forever)
2. “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.”
— Pablo Neruda (100 Love Sonnets: Cien sonetos de amor)
3. “I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts and I’ve led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I’ve loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough..”
— Nicholas Sparks (The Notebook)
4. “Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind.”
— William Shakespeare (A Midsummer Night’s Dream)
5. “You don’t love someone because they’re perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they’re not.”
— Jodi Picoult (My Sister’s Keeper)
6. “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.”
— Anonymous (Holy Bible: New International Version)
7. “And so the lion fell in love with the lamb…” he murmured.
I looked away, hiding my eyes as I thrilled to the word.
What a stupid lamb,” I sighed.
What a sick, masochistic lion.”
— Stephenie Meyer (Twilight)
8. “So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.”
— Paulo Coelho (The Alchemist)
9. “In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.”
— Jane Austen (Pride and Prejudice)
10. “Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point.
(Translation: The heart has its reasons which reason knows not.)”
— Blaise Pascal (Pascal’s Pensees)