These are seven great series of books for a 10-13 year-old kid.
There are thousands of books, but a lot of them are not enjoyable at all. This list will save you some time when shopping for books for a beloved young one for the holidays, or any other time of year.
1. Alex Rider Books – Alex Rider is a 14 year old kid. But, he is no ordinary boy. He is a spy for MI6 and goes on some dangerous missions. It is a great series of books for older children. Alex gets into sticky situations and there is always something that you can relate to, although for themost part not as extreme.
2. Artemis Fowl Books – The reading can be tricky, especially for younger people. It is about a 13 year old boy. But, he is no ordinary boy. He is a genius, and a criminal mastermind. He has spent his time trying to find the hidden race of the fairies, and when he does, kidnaps one. He takes on an entire race of advanced magic beings. This book will surely catch the eye of adults and children alike.
3. Eragon, Inheritance Series – In a world full of chaos and tyranny, there is only one hope. He is Eragon, and he was chosen to be a Dragon Rider. The world has been taken over by Galbatorix and now Eragon is the only hope for the people of Alagaesia. The odds he must over come are incredible, and there is always the constant threat of death in this magical place. This story is one of a journey filled with emotion that the whole family will enjoy.
4. The Gaurdians of Ga’Hoole – This series of books is generally more appealing to a younger audience. It is about a group of orphan owls who go to the legendary Ga’Hoole Tree. They have many exciting adventures on their way there and once they reach it. It is a very enjoyable series.
5. Pendragon – Bobby Pendragon is the most popular boy in High School. He is a star basketball player and everyone loves him. But, right before the most important game of his school career, he is taken on a cross-universe trip to save other dimesions. His Uncle is a Traveler, and so is Bobby. Now Bobby has to save other universes from destruction. This series is packed with action and heated adventures any person will enyjoy.
6. Harry Potter – Size can be daunting, but these books are action-packed and a child will enjoy reading about the life of the magician, Harry Potter. All seven books are out now so it would be a much more enjoyable read for kids. Avbout a young boy whose parents were killed, but he survived. Now he hasa to spend his time trying to rid the world of the evil Lord Voldemort
7.Young Bond – James Bond, but as a kid. This book is similar to a prelude to the real 007. James is just old enoguh to get himseslf into trouble, and he gets into stiky situations. These books are fun to read and children of all ages will enjoy these books.