A war between Sauron and Voldemort and their armies would be one of the greatest wars in movie history… if it were to be made. But who would win?
Sauron was one of the mightiest of the Maiar and the Dark Lord of Mordor. Sauron’s primary source of power is his birth as a Maiar from which he gained the following:
- Extremely high intelligence
- Physical strength as a result of his 8 feet 11 height
- Affinity for magic
- Naturally long life span
It was these traits that allowed Sauron to learn the following powers:
- Sauron acquired great scientific knowledge of the world
- Sauron was able to incorporate fire into his weapons and artifacts
- Assume disguises: dark sorcerer, wolf, serpent and a vampire
- Domination of inferior creatures through his ring
- Manipulate the environment around him by mere effort of will
- Fell beasts
Voldemort was the most powerful dark wizard (half-blood) for a century. His mother was a witch and his father was a muggle (non magical human). Through his gaunt ancestry he gained the following abilities:
- Affinity for magic
- Ability to talk to snakes
I would assume Voldemorts father was a intelligent and charismatic man from whom he gained the ‘brains’ and ambition to learn the following powers:
- Potions master
- Apparition (teleporation)
- Mind reading
- 6 Horcrux
The exact number of the army is currently unknown, but it consists of:
- Dark wizards
It is difficult to determine who the winner of the Voldemort vs Sauron battle will be. On the one hand, Voldemort could take the ring and destroy Sauron by effortlessly teleporting into Mount Doom, but on the other hand, will Voldemort destroy a ring that gives him control over the armies of Mordor?
It will be a battle of wills between the two and I suspect Sauron will prevail.
The armies of Mordor vs Death Eaters: Mordor should win simply by overwhelming the death eaters with over 300,000 troops. Also, I suspect the Death Eaters will lose control of the dementors and Voldemorts death eaters do not seem to be on the same power level as the Ringwraiths.